Software Freedom Day (SFD) is an annual worldwide celebration for promoting use of Free/Open source softwares(FOSS) as a competitive alternative to proprietary software in education,government ,buissiness , and other applications. SFD is a public education effort with the aim of increasing awareness of Free Software and its virtues, and encouraging its use.
This year , SFD 2010 will be held on September 18th Saturday.
More from SFD website
Vision & ObjectivesOur vision is to empower all people to freely connect, create and share in a digital world that is participatory, transparent, and sustainable.
- to celebrate software freedom and the people behind it
- to foster a general understanding of software freedom, and encourage adoption of free software and open standards
- to create more equal access to opportunities through the use of participatory technologies
- to promote constructive dialogue on responsibilities and rights in the information society
- to be inclusive of organizations and individuals that share our Vision
- to be pragmatic, transparent, and responsible as an organisation