Why this problem?This problem occurs if one or more of the following Windows boot files are missing or damaged:
How to solve?
- Insert the Windows bootable CD/DVD or flash drive
- Boot the computer from it
- At the Welcome to Setup screen, press R to repair the Windows XP installation.
- Now you can see the lis of windows installations . Type the number that corresponds to the Windows installation that you want to repair, and then press ENTER. For example, type 1, and then press ENTER
- Type the Administrator password(if you dont have any passowrd,leave it blank), and then press ENTER.
- Type map, and then press ENTER. Note the drive letter that is assigned to the CD-ROM drive that contains the Windows XP CD-ROM. Let it be E:\ (This may be different in your computer)
- Type the following commands, pressing ENTER after you type each one. E:\ in the following commands is the CD-ROM drive letter obtained from step 6.
- copy E:\i386\ntldr C:\
- copy E:\i386\ntdetect.com C:\